Thursday 13 October 2011

Jog on mate!

As a family at the weekend we did the Swindon half marathon fun run.  It is only 2 miles, but great to do with the kids.  I love being part of the event even if it is the fun run.  The Charity this year is Macmillan.  Macmillan is a fantastic Charity as a dear relative of mine is going through Cancer and being nursed by Macmillan.  What a great way of people coming together for a good cause.

I saw in the news this week a guy who came 3rd in a marathon.  Later, they discovered he cheated and caught the bus!  I know I should n't find it funny, but I do.  Apparently, when he was being interviewed some Women he was on the bus with noticed him and told some officials.  I know it is very naughty, but there is a part of me that admires the brass neck on the fella.  When I ran the mad March Hare I was tempted to go the other way when I saw the sign that said 5k runners this way, but I did n't.  Lets face it nobody died, but I wonder how his sponsors felt?

No comments:

Post a Comment