Saturday 21 May 2011

Big brown bug!

This week I was ambling around my house, when I saw what looked like a 2 inch piece of wood on the floor.  I thought one of the kids had probably bought it in from the garden.  I bent down to pick it up and realised it was a bug!  A big brown bug!  Ewe.

I quickly went and got a glass to catch it.  Once it was in the glass I studied it closer fearing it was a cockroach.  My senses soon returned when I realised cockroaches are black and shiny.  This bug was the biggest I have ever seen, it was massive.  It had little pincers at the front and brown wings.  OMG I thought I was in an episode of "I am a celebrity get me out of here.". 

I called my Husband and the kids to have a look.  My Husband informed me he found it crawling up his leg and then put it in the bin.  Phew, it crawled out the bin.  What he was thinking of putting something like that in the bin I don't know.  Obvious it could get out, as it has bloody wings.  He took it into the garden and disposed of it.

I was flabbergasted to see such a massive bug in this country.  I have never in all my years seen anything like it.  I googled it thinking it might be from some foreign parts, but no called a brown bug and does come from this country.  It really freaked me out seeing it in the house and I kept thinking are there any more, did it create a little nest in the bin and had some babies in it?

What it must be like living in Australia I don't know.  One of my friends who emigrated there once found a load of cockroaches in her knicker draw.  I said to her, "I would have thought you would be used to having a cock in your pants by now,". 

On that note I'll be off!  Have a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment