Thursday 1 December 2011

Bereavement

This week my dear Aunty died.  It was the most sadest moments of my life so far.  She was a major player in my life, not a random Aunty that you never see.  She was the matriarch of our family and the glue that held us together.  She has left a huge void.  Luckily, I managed to say goodbye to her.  On Monday and Tuesday I cried almost all day.  I thought I was never going to stop.  I got myself to a point when I felt sick and if I did not feel sick my head was throbbing from all the tears.  She is the first signaficant person in my life who I have lost.  My Father died when I was 6 years old, however, unfortunately, I did not have the pleasure of spending much of my life with him.

It makes you realise all we really have is each other and our time.  I am so glad I spent a lot of time with her and made the effort to see her when I did.  I know now these were precious moments.  I know it sounds ridiculous but I never thought she would die.  It reinforces the fact that none of us know what is around the corner so we have to live out lives right every day, and treat each other with kindness and respect.  The tears are getting less and less and I am now trying to see the positives.  I was very lucky to have such a wonderful and generous Aunty.  Whenever, we went to her house it was like a party.  Plentiful food and drink and nothing was any trouble.  One thing that does make me sad was my Aunty and my Uncle are/were very generous to people, however, the favour was not always returned.  For her 60th birthday, we celebrated it in style and spoilt her, I am so glad we did.  Grief is not easy to deal with but everyday it will get easier.  God rest her beautiful soul.

1 comment:

  1. My deepest condolences for this significant loss!! Gosh I am all choked up after reading your post :-( As you said, the most important thing is that you spent quality time with her, and had lots of it! It helps to keep the memory alive in stories you tell to your kids, or blogging about her once in a while, or even start a memoir of some sort. It will make you smile and remember all the good times. I'm glad you're not crying so much anymore. Understand that that kind of hurt takes a while to heal, but it will. Stay strong hun!!! Sending you a big hug! xxx

    ReplyDelete