Wednesday 21 December 2011

Driving home for Chirstmas....nightmare!

I drove back to the homeland last weekend to celebrate 2 birthdays and to pick my Mum up.  It normally takes me 2 hours and 15 minutes to get to Peterborough.  I was driving with my 2 bored Children in the back of the car.  Who were constantly asking me can we go to Mcdonalds.  They were totally oblivious we were lost somewhere in Buckinghamshire.  I got past the M40 and one of the roads I usually go down was closed.  I followed the diversion which took me through lots of fields and a lovely little village called Croughton.  I made it back to the usual road, only to find the next road was closed.  I again followed the diversion, and regretted the fact that I left my sat nav on the kitchen side.  Hindsight is such a beautiful thing!  My Husband said to me my sat nav is on the side if you want to take it.  Yes, it was a good idea, however, in my hurry to leave, I forgot it!  Not something I will do again in the future.

So picture this, me driving down the country lanes following the yellow diversion signs, until they end!  Yes, they end, and I am somewhere near Milton Keynes.  I have no clue where Milton Keynes actually is.  This is not the first time this has happened.  Are the people who put the signs out having a laugh or do they start it and then think home time now and do half a job?  Luckily, I have something called common sense.  I kept driving and came across a sign for Northampton and knew I could get to where I was going.  Unbelievable, if you are going to put a diversion up, please do the job properly!  In the end the journey took me 3 hours, deep joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment