Sunday 26 June 2011

Spread the joy!

Yesterday I took part in the Old Town festival with my Daughter.  We walked around the streets and danced to Shakira's Wacka Wacka song, whilst dressed in bright colours and Hawian skirts.  There was a real carnival atmosphere.  Crowds had gathered to watch the parade.  We did it last year and won and we did again this year!  It was fantastic, I enjoyed every second of it.  I felt like I was spreading joy.  No-one should ever take themselves too seriously, dressing up like an idiot and dancing around the street, makes people smile.

Doing something like this gives you a real sense of community, it was brilliant.  My Daughter was so excited she was up at the crack of dawn and in her outfit, and then kept asking me, "When are we going Mum?".  It was great for Mother Daughter bonding.  I loved getting involved in it and look forward to doing it next year.

It looks like today I can wear one of my Summer outfits!  Thank goodness for that, my Summer wardrobe thinks it has been made redundant....come on sunshine we need a few weeks of warmth and sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment