Saturday 16 April 2011

Gona ride my bike until I get home!

This week as I did not have to do the school run, I got on bike and cycled to work.  It is an 8 mile ride, therefore a 16 mile round trip.  The fantastic thing was that there is a path so I do not even touch a road.  I have been absolutely loving not getting into my car and have bored the pants off most of my work colleagues this week blabbering on about how great it is.

There are so many benefits, of course great exercise, no petrol to pay for and all of the endorphins that have made me feel great this week.  I am not sure if it is the endorphins or the smugness that comes along with it.  The great thing is that it only takes me 5 minutes longer than in the car, no traffic queues, or fighting for a parking space when I get to work and even worse ending up in the overflow car park and having to walk miles to get to the office (It is not miles but feels like it).

It is a pity I can not do it more often.  I am going to try and do it on Friday as I have more flexibility to do it with my Son going in earlier to Nursery.  I love my bike it has given me a new lease of life and renewed a bit of vigour with my job.

2 comments:

  1. I used to cycle everywhere in London and plan to get a new bike with a baby seat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just what you mean. fresh air, wind in your face. great if the weather is great. I have a bike too and it is wonderful if you can find a cycle track!

    ReplyDelete