Tuesday 15 February 2011

Where for art thou olives!

I have developed a penchant for green olives.  They are definitely an acquired taste, but once you have the taste you can not stop eating them.  I happen to be passing through Waitrose which is about a 20 minute drive from my house and to my delight saw they have an olive bar.  Lots of different types of olives, black ones, green ones, big green ones, ones in garlic and coriander, ones stuffed with different cheeses.  It is olive heaven.

I lusted after going back to the olive bar for two weeks.  I have carefully prepared my Saturday night feast with tapas.  Coupled with three of mine and my Husbands favourite shows on plus for a fabulous Saturday night in.  On Saturday we went to my Mother in laws as my Husband's car was there because we are having building work done at the moment.  We dropped the Children off and went on to get my olives.  After we took his car for a drive to give the battery a charge we went home in my car.

Later on that evening the kids were in bed, and my Husband made a strange oh no noise and said, "You know what we have n't done,", I exclaimed, "What?", he looked at me and said, "The olives are in the back of the car!", yes my beloved lusted after olives were a 20 minute drive away.  In fact they are still there spoiling! 

I might attempt to get some more for this weekend!  I wonder if I will be able to get to eat them this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment