Monday 3 January 2011

New Year - Thinspiration

No doubt there will soon be a sea of celebrity exercise DVD's telling us all how we can be as thin as them and how they lost 10 stone in a month, but they will omit to say it was with the help of a personal trainer, oh and a Nanny!  I do not know anyone who has ever bought one of these DVD's.  Actually, that is a lie I think my Mother had the Rosemary Connelly one bought for her when she was in her hay day.  She watched the entire thing once while being sat on the sofa.  I do not know anyone who has ever bought one, so do they work or gather dust on the shelf.

I know if I had one I would not do it.  It is hard to force yourself to do these things in the comfort of your own home and all to easy to say, "I'll do it tomorrow,".  If I am going out for a run I know I have to go out and do it, and not procrastinate.  Exercise is better when it is part of a routine, you have to do it and not think about it.  A friend of mine has started a free running club in our local area.  It is great because you know you have to turn up to not let others down.  Even when it is cold and wet outside, it forces your hand to go rather than, "I'll do it tomorrow,".

I have two really good friends that are a thinspiration to me.  They have both had 3 children and they work at being slim.  They exercise regularly and do not given into the all too easy biscuit barrel.  They have motivated me to cutting out the junk food (except on weekends of course!) and I feel better for it.  Lets face it, it is easy to come up with excuses not to exercise.  Even with the credit crunch on all you need is a decent pair of trainers and then you can do as much exercise as you like.  I realised that my own worst enemy was myself.  You can always make excuses not to go out, so now I just get on with it.  Running fits in with my life style I can do it when I want (as long as my Husband is home).  The ludicrous thing is when you have done it you feel amazing all those endorfins running through your system and of course feeling smug that you have managed to prise yourself off the sofa for 45 minutes.

My friends are my inspiration, instead of watching TV they exercise, they juggle working and looking after Children and as a result they look fabulous and have bodies that an 18 year olds would be proud of.

3 comments:

  1. I need some serious thinspration! I have vowed to exercise this week when my little girls start school and I actually have an hour or two to myself! No excuses!

    Found you via BMB and have followed.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use a running buddy. Where do you live? ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry I don't live in London. You could always start one up, my friend has had loads of people who she does not know ringing her to join us.
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete