Wednesday 25 April 2012

London Marathon - Claire Squires

I watched the London Marathon on Sunday and I love all the stories about why people are running.  I find it very emotional as I ran in it 2006, so I can empathise with what they are going through.  It is a truly amazing experience and I would recommend it to anyone.  After, it you feel humbled to have been a part of a wonderful event.

On Monday I heard on the news that Claire Squires collapsed just before the last mile.  She was 30 years old and we are awaiting for the reason it happened.  She was running for The Smaritians and at that point she had raised £500.  Since, everyone has learnt of her death her sponsorship is now around the £500,000 mark.  What a fabulous achievement, I am sure she will be smiling down at everyone who has sponsored her.  It must give her family great solace at a really difficult time.  Her family must be really proud of her and the amount that she has raised. 

It just goes to show that there are a lot of good people in the world who are supporting the family by sponsoring her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment