Tuesday 3 April 2012

Fuel for thought!

I was stunned at the panic over fuel last week.  I tried to go to a well known supermarket and it was like a scene from CSI New York.  Queue's of cars, men in flourescent yellow jackets running around talking on their walkie talkies.  I turned around as soon as I could to get out of there.

I think people were being a tad silly.  There were lots of options you could do:

1 Stay put
2 Walk
3 Use a bike

I felt sorry for the people that did really need fuel, having to wait for hours.  This is a demonstration of how powerful the media is, the tanker drivers had not even definitely said they were going to strike at this stage.  The problem now is that due to the panic buying, we have given the tanker drivers even more power for their arguments as they know that they can cause absolute chaos.  I personally don't agree with them wanting a massive pay increase on their already large salary when the rest of the country is on it's knees.  So come on people let's act sensibly and think before we panic.  Most of us can manage a few days without your car.

No comments:

Post a Comment