Wednesday 29 February 2012

Baking fever is taking over!

Everyone seems to be going a little bit bonkers for baking at the moment.  That includes me!  There is a sea of TV shows all dedicated to dare I say it "Baking".  Let's face it everyone loves a nice bit of cake or a cheeky muffin. 

I baked a lemon sponge cake with double whipped cream and lemon curd in the middle.  I took it into work and gave my work colleagues a piece.  One person said it was the best cake they had ever tasted.  I have made that cake twice before and they do take a little bit of perfecting, but they are so simple to make.  I felt really humbled at the response I got.  However, I was a bit nervous when I sliced into it, what if it is not cooked in the middle?  That is the thing with cakes you never know until you have to slice it up.  I must admit it did look really quite magnificent.  I tasted a bit and it was good.  Was being the operative word as it was gone in a flash.  When good cake is in the building the word spreads fast!

I am new to this baking lark and I have not got much experience.  A few years ago I would have never even had the inclination to do it.  I think it was when I realised my Daughter enjoyed doing it with me things seemed to click into place.  My Husband loves my cake too, it is definitely the way to a man's heart.  There is something theraputic about doing it.   To me it is another way of spreading the joy and I felt very humbled to get good feedback, plus I knew they were not lying as I tasted it!

Move over Mary Berry there is a new chick in Town!

No comments:

Post a Comment