Saturday 20 August 2011

The Great British holiday!

This year as most British family's in these austere times, we went on holiday in the UK.  The kids absolutely loved it, but I can't seem to get my head around it and I am not sure why.  We went on holiday in a caravan in the Cotswold for one week and the New Forest.  The New Forest is gorgeous, really lovely.  One day we went down to the beach.  The weather was warm and dry but not boiling hot.  May be it is the fact that I don't feel like I am on holiday in the UK and am I the only person who feels like this. 

In the Cotswolds which is only a 15 minute drive from home the park is very geared up for the kids with entertainment and an indoor and outdoor swimming pool.  For me the holiday atmosphere was missing.  A lot of the parents and other campers seemed miserable.  Is this because they were all wishing they could afford to go somewhere else?  No-one seemed to be in great spirits.  People hardly made eye contact to even say hello.  However, when Brits are abroad they smile and take a keen interest in where you are from.  May be it is the economic climate or that is what it is like to holiday in the UK.  To me I find it strange and I can't understand why?  Next year we are going to France.

No comments:

Post a Comment