Wednesday 21 March 2012

Dukan do it!

A few friends of mine have done the Dukan diet.  My Husband said that he wanted to lose weight, yes, you guessed it, I put him on it and said I would do it with him.  The diet is to say the least very limiting but boy does it work fast.  Within a few days you can visibly see the difference, however, it does feel like you are going through torture.  Basically, all you can eat in the attack phase is lean meat or fish, eggs, fromage frais and cottage cheese (that is about it).  For the first few days I was starving hungry, but I perservered, after all, no pain no gain!

I never weighed myself in the beginning and I am now in week 3, but I can see a huge difference.  My Husband has lost about a stone and is much happier for it.  The strange thing it does is makes ordinary food you used to eat a treat, for example, a jacket potatoe.  It kind of retrains your brain as to what you eat and you realise being hungry is doable and won't harm you.  I am now following a low carb diet as we do eat too many carbs and don't get to burn them off.  In the beginning it was hard but it gets easier, at first you have to crack your sugar addiction.  I was slipping into eating a little bit of chocolate everday, but I have beaten it and I now don't even want any. 

So the message in my tale is Du know Dukan do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment