Tuesday 20 September 2011

The Great North Run....count me in!

I watched The Great North Run on Sunday and it has inspired me to do it next year.  I love running and have done the Swindon half marathon twice.  Apparently, the Swindon half marathon is the second hardest in the country.  It is bloody hard, each time I have done it, I have vowed never to do it again.  The last time I ran it, I got roped in at work by one of the Directors who wanted to put in a corporate team.  Everyone, knew I had done the London Marathon.  Before, I had agreed to say yes my name went out on an email saying I was in the team.  The London Marathon was easier than the Swindon half.

I love all the stories of why people are running it and of course that it is all for Charity.  I find it compulsive viewing.  I will rope in a few of my friends and we weill all run it for Breakthrough Breast Cancer.  I hope I get a place now I am putting it out there!  I am not sure if it is a ballot or not.  I will keep on running until I find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment