Saturday 10 September 2011

9/11 Anniversary

I cannot believe it has been 10 years since 9/11.  This is probably going to be the biggest single global event in our life time.  Everyone remembers where they were when they heard about 9/11.  I was at a tuperware party.  I did not have any Children at the time and was at my friends house.  There was lots of Mum's with their new borns.  My Husband rang me on my mobile and told me that there had been a terriost attack on The Twin Towers in New York.  First of all I thought he was joking.  At the time I don't think I realised the magnitude of what had happened.

I remember telling everyone in the room what had happened.  All the Mum's looked at me with like I was from another planet.  They were more interested in their babies and probably thought I was a lunatic.  I went home straight away and watched the burning Towers with disbelief.  I had been to New York and seen The Towers.  I could not beileve they were not there anymore, they were vast, I stood at the bottom you could not see the tops of them. 

This week I have been watching all the documentaries.  What those people went through in those Towers I can only describe as horrific.  It is the epitomy of Human Tragedy.  I only hope all the memorial ceremonies tomorrow go smoothly and that the family's who have lost a loved one can grieve peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment